I feel that if you have murdered someone you have taken away their right to live and so therefore you should lose your own right to live and die.
Death is the easy way out for them.
I think they deserve to sit in their jail cell & have to think about what they did for the rest of their life.
The point of the justice system shouldn’t be revenge, but rehabilitation. An eye for an eye and the whole world ends up blind. Give them life in prison. Give them a chance to feel guilt. That’s worse than simply killing them, and better in that they get a chance to feel remorse and become a better person.
It’s really sad for people who get out of long prison sentences, though. Even if you change your life in prison, no one ever sees you as a changed person. They see that you were in prison.
When I was coming back from California last October, I had a lot of problems with the airports and had to change my flight from American to Delta. When I went to the Delta desk, there was an elderly man in front of me who’d just been released from a maximum security prison. He was just trying to get home and they wouldn’t take his boarding passes. They told him to go get new ones and the people at the desk were anything but helpful. He left the old passes in his bible at the terminal and they insisted he show them ID with an expiration date. The only ID he had came from the prison and had no expiration date. They wouldn’t do anything to help him and I suspect he ended up missing his flight. As soon as he left, they all started to gossip about him being released from maximum security prison and how scary that was. The poor guy’s spent who knows how many years in prison, gone through so much; and now, in the last years of his life, he’s just wanting to get home.
It’s true that spending all those years in prison can be a worse punishment. Instead of ending your life, it ruins the rest of your life. Even if you get out, you live the rest of your life with that hanging over your head. Everyone judges you on that, not who you are now.
- d-stabilized likes this
- lewuthetaria likes this
- blumchen-baldstehn likes this
- citygold likes this
- anime-pussy likes this
- stuck-in-a-daydream-world reblogged this from mapwithno-compass
- daridumbbutts likes this
- awkwardanderton reblogged this from quazoid
- nonaklm likes this
- just-like-every-other-girl likes this
- quazoid reblogged this from jayybuchanan and added:
- almightyyuna likes this
- i-got-all-i-need likes this
- shinamujunai likes this
- pianoplayersfingerfastest reblogged this from for-just-one-yesterday and added:
- yasha likes this
- a-field-of-emotion-and-affection reblogged this from oh-what-are-you-feeling-now
- trickynicky94 reblogged this from amberie
- wakeywakeywereopening likes this
- punkzelda3 likes this
- ismilleniumpuzzle said: yes. but the problem is, who has the right to take the person’s lost right?
- wahwahbear likes this
- flutterjedi reblogged this from thatsnicebutimmarried and added:
- keekermojo likes this
- thatsnicebutimmarried reblogged this from seasidehearts and added:
- solidhologram likes this
- yadidankee likes this
- basedgyaru likes this
- alleexxiissss likes this
- laurrenns likes this
- jeremymcbitchin likes this
- courtafuckinga reblogged this from my-only-wish-is-paradise
- mothmary likes this
- akuulkie likes this
- jorlia likes this
- thepinkguitar reblogged this from rubyandcora
- hipswayandlipslie likes this
- xoxocarnage likes this
- seocities likes this
- macasauruss said: An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.